Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. I love every type of chocolate and these truffles are perfect after dinner treats or simply to share with guests, friends and family.
- 300 ml double cream
- 300 ml Dark Chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 50 gr unsalted butter
- chopped nuts
- desiccated coconut
- cocoa powder
- chocolate sprinkles
- Place the butter and cream in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and bubbles are starting to form around the edges of the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Leave for a minutes then stir until you have a smooth glossy mixture.
- If you are adding flavours to this then separate into bowls and add in your flavours at this stage. Liqueurs work well as does peppermint or orange extract, orange zest or almond extract.
- Once you have incorporated your flavours, chill for several hours until set – minimum of four hours.
- Once set, line a baking tray with parchment and oil your hands. Using either a melon baller or ice cream scoop, take scoops of the mixture and roll into balls between your hands then place onto the baking sheet.
- If you are coating your truffles then do it at this stage. Dessicated coconut, cocoa powder, chopped nuts and chocolate sprinkles all work really well.
- If you want to dip your truffles in melted chocolate then chill them again before you do this.
- Keep in the fridge for a maximum of 3-4 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.