Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread is delicious at any time of the year, but make it into Christmas shapes and they are that little bit extra special.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc.Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Using the paddle attachment on an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar until just combined then add in the vanilla extract.
- Sieve the flour and salt together then add into the butter and sugar one cup at a time and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Tip onto a floured surface and shape into a circle then wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge then roll out the dough to around half and inch thickness.
- Using a Christmas cookie cutter, cut out into shapes and place on the baking trays.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar then bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until the edges just start to turn a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the trays for around five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.