St. Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Mint – chocolate – cupcakes – these three words mean celebration to me any day of the week.
- Foil Cupcake Cases
For the mint buttercream
- 200 gr butter room temperature
- 450 gr icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- food colouring green
- Shamrock chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper liners – green if you have them.
- Sieve the dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda together into a bowl then add in both sugars.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla and melted butter and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add in the buttermilk and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop drop equal amounts into each cupcake case then place in the oven for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Leaved to cool completely on a cooling rack.
To make the mint buttercream
- Beat the butter in a electric mixer until light and fluffy then add in the icing sugar a large spoonful at a time until fully combined.
- Add one to three tablespoons of milk until you have the desired consistency.
- Add in the peppermint extract followed by the food colouring.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted and pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Top with a Shamrock chocolate.