Tarta de Santiaga Clasica
Almonds are rich in antioxidants and fibre, are well known for reducing cholesterol levels and boosting heart health, wonderful for the skin, boost brain function and control blood sugar levels.
- 6 eggs
- 300 gr caster sugar
- 300 gr fresh ground almonds
- 1 zest whole lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly ground cinnamon
- icing sugar to decorate
- 60 gr butter just about to boil (optional)
- Mix the ground almonds with the ground cinnamon and lemon zest.
- In a bowl place the eggs with the caster sugar and mix delicately just as not to introduce too much air. Add the almonds, cinnamon and lemon zest (and butter if using) and mix until you have a light and well incorporated dough.
- Grease a round cake tin of 22cm diameter and line it with baking paper then place the mixture into the tin and cook in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and it is ready to serve.
Tarta de Santiaga Clasica recipe is on page 176 of the book. Copyright 2020 @ Julie Neville, Authentic Spanish Cooking, Pen and Sword White Owl Publisher, All Rights Reserved.