My husband loves loves loves these low carb Asian Lettuce Wraps. Light yet flavoursome. The perfect lunch or light dinner.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb minced turkey lean is best
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger grated
- ½ cup sliced spring inions
- 1 medium carrot peeled and grated
- 1 can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 large iceberg or romain lettuce
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a wide bottomed pan and cook the turkey mince over a high heat.
- Whilst this is cooking, in a bowl mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil and honey and set aside.
- Drain any excess fat from the turkey then push to one side of the pan.
- Add the grated carrot and chopped spring onion to the pan and saute for a few minutes before adding in the minced ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Mix all the ingredients together then pour over the sauce. Add in the water chestnuts if using and cook for another minute or two until heated through.
- Lay lettuce leaves on a large plate and fill each one with some of the spicy turkey mixture.
- Sprinkle over a few extra spring onions and serve.