Oven Baked Rice Parcels
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 350 gr raw king prawns shelled, deveined and with the heads removed
- 2 sliced spring onions
- juice of one lime
- 1 ed chilli diced
- 150 gr sugar snap peas halved lengthways
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 2 sticks of lemon grass halved
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root grated
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190oc.
- Place four large pieces of tin foil onto two baking sheets.
- Place the cooked and cooled rice into a large bowl then add in the sliced spring onions, chopped chilli, grated ginger, coconut oil, sugar snap peas and chopped coriander and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the centre of each piece of tin foil.
- Divide the prawns equally between each piece of tin foil on top of the rice mixture then place half a stick of lemon grass on top of each one.
- Fold up the edges of the tin foil to create a parcel but leave plenty of space inside each one for steam as this will help to cook the parcels.
- Place the baking trays into the oven for 10-12 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through and the rice is hot.
- Be careful when opening the parcels as steam will escape and it will be very hot.
- Serve straight from the parcels with lime wedges.
recipe from the theme Loved Leftovers