Banana Blueberry Muffins
These are my daughters absolute favourite and never last long in our house.
- Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and place muffin cases in a 12 hole tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients first so add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, 50g oats and the sugar into a large bowl and stir then leave a well in the middle.In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until soft then add to these the oil, buttermilk and egg whites and stir until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients and stir quickly with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix even if the mixture appears a little lumpy.Add in the blueberries then gently stir once more.
- Divide between the muffin cases filling each one quite high.
- Mix a couple of tablespoons of oats with one tablespoon of the muscovado sugar and sprinkle onto the top of each muffin.
- Place into the oven for around 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden and the muffin springs back when pressed.
- Cool in the tray for five minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack. Can be eaten hot or cold.