Ricotta and Tomato Toasts
Quick and simple, it doesn't get much better than this!
- white unsliced loaf
- 500 gr mixed baby tomatoes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 250 gr ricotta cheese at room temperature
- handful fresh basil
- cracked black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200oc.
- Mixed one tablespoon of the olive oil with the red wine vinegar and the honey in a bowl and add the tomatoes and toss.
- Pour onto a baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the pre heated oven for 25/30 minutes until bursting and a little charred.
- In the meantime, slice four thick slices of the loaf and toast them.
- Mix the ricotta with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season.
- Spread the ricotta onto the toast, top with the roasted tomatoes and finish with a little chopped basil and cracked black pepper.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.