recipe from the theme Loved Leftovers
Seafood Fried Rice
- 300 gr rice cooked and cooled (preferably made the day before and kept in the fridge)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger root grated
- 2 anchovies chopped
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 100 gr pack choi chopped
- 1 packet cooked seafood mix (around 350-400g of cooked mussels, prawns and calamari)
- rice bran oil
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add in the sliced red onion and cook over a high heat. After a minute or two add in the grated ginger, spring onions and anchovies and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the pak choi and cook for a minute or two until softened.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the eggs into one side of the pan and allow to cook a little until starting to set. Once setting, break up and stir throughout the rice mixture.
- Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir to coat all the ingredients.
- Finally add the cooked seafood and stir followed by the chopped coriander.
- Allow the seafood to heat through then drizzle a drop of sesame oil into the wok and stir again. A little goes a long way.
- Divide into bowls.