Pan-Fried Plaice with a Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 plaice fillet per person
- 15 gr butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 45 gr plain flour
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 20 gr butter
- 200 gr sliced white mushrooms
- 170 ml carton double cream
- zest of one lemon grated
- juice of half a lemon
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- sprigs of dill to garnish
- Place the flour onto a large plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry then place in the flour to coat on both sides.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan with the butter then place the fish into the pan and cook over a medium heat until cooked through – this will take between 2-4 minutes each side depending on the size of the fillets.
- Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Cook for around five minutes then pour in the wine and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes before pouring in the cream. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice and season. Stir in the dill.
- Place the plaice fillets onto a plate, pour over some of the sauce. Add a few sprigs of fresh dill and a lemon wedge.Serve with tenderstem broccoli.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.