This is a French Toast elevated to a whole new level. Top with your favourite fresh berries and chocolate sauce – because you can never have too much chocolate right!!
Chocolate French Toast
- 1 brioche loaf sliced
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted butter
- icing sugar
- sliced strawberries
- maple syrup or melted chocolate
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the milk until you have a lump free paste.
- Add in the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Place the mixture into a large dish and lay as many of the sliced brioche slices into the mixture, coat and turn then leave to sit and soak for five minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon oil then lay as many slices of the soaked brioche that will fit and cook until golden for around 2-3 minutes then flip. Keep warm in the oven until all slices have been cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar, with sliced strawberries and either maple syrup or melted chocolate.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.