This is a French Toast elevated to a whole new level. Top with your favourite fresh berries and chocolate sauce – because you can never have too much chocolate right!!
Chocolate French Toast
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, salt and half of the milk until you have a lump free paste.
- Add in the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Place the mixture into a large dish and lay as many of the sliced brioche slices into the mixture, coat and turn then leave to sit and soak for five minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon butter and one tablespoon oil then lay as many slices of the soaked brioche that will fit and cook until golden for around 2-3 minutes then flip. Keep warm in the oven until all slices have been cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar, with sliced strawberries and either maple syrup or melted chocolate.