If you thought all bread making was difficult and time consuming then this recipe is here to bust that myth. These homemade flatbreads are super simple and super delicious.
- 300 grams Homepride Plain Flour 1kg
- ½ tsp salt
- 50 grams butter can be substituted for vegan margarine or olive oil
- 185 ml milk can be substituted for almond milk
- Oil for cooking
- Place butter and milk in a pan and heat until melted.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl then add in the warm butter and milk mixture and mix until combined.
- Place a little flour on a work top and place the dough onto the surface and knead until smooth adding more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Once smooth – a few minutes – wrap in clingfilm and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, flour the worktop again then cut the dough into four pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball then roll out until about 3mm thickness.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan on medium then place one flatbread at a time into the pan and cook for around one/two minutes on each side until slightly golden and bubbled up