Almond Cloud Cookies
- 454 gr almond paste
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp almond extract
- powdered sugar
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Break the almond paste into small chunks and place into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the sugar and using a paddle attachment, whisk until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add in the salt and mix again to combine.
- Slowly add in the egg whites and mix until the dough comes together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out portions of the dough, roll into balls and press onto the baking trays.
- Once all the dough has been formed into cookies, cover the trays and chill for a minimum of two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325f.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge and take a fork and press the length of the fork into the cookies to make lined indentations on top of each cookie.
- Place a tablespoon of powdered sugar into a small sieve and dust generously over the top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to turn golden but the cookies are still blonde.
- Allow to cool on the baking trays.
- These will keep covered for around one week.