Almond Cloud Cookies
Whilst these cookies are not vegan as they do include egg white, they are naturally gluten free and do not contain any other dairy yet they are still melt in your mouth buttery, crumbly and incredibly moreish!
- 454 gr almond paste
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp almond extract
- powdered sugar
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Break the almond paste into small chunks and place into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the sugar and using a paddle attachment, whisk until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add in the salt and mix again to combine.
- Slowly add in the egg whites and mix until the dough comes together.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out portions of the dough, roll into balls and press onto the baking trays.
- Once all the dough has been formed into cookies, cover the trays and chill for a minimum of two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325f.
- Remove the cookies from the fridge and take a fork and press the length of the fork into the cookies to make lined indentations on top of each cookie.
- Place a tablespoon of powdered sugar into a small sieve and dust generously over the top of each cookie.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to turn golden but the cookies are still blonde.
- Allow to cool on the baking trays.
- These will keep covered for around one week.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.