Salmon Loaded Avocados
We eat tonnes of avocados in our house, I put them in my smoothies, Phil loves them chopped on his salad bowls, Isabella loves avocado on toast and Harvey likes the avocado chocolate mousse (he doesn’t actually know there is avocado in there) but this new recipe will be popular in the Neville house for sure.
- 1.5 oz tin of salmon drained
- ½ cup plain greek yoghurt
- 2-3 sticks celery chopped finely
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 avocados
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Salt and black pepper to season
- 1 lemon
- In a bowl mix together the greek yoghurt, celery, parsley, mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice and season with salt and black pepper. Add in the salmon and mix to combine.
- Half the avocados, remove the seeds then scoop a little of flesh from each creating a deeper well for the filling. Mash up the avocado scooped out then add into the salmon mixture and mix again.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top of each avocado. This will prevent the flesh from turning brown.
- Spoon the salmon mixture into each of the avocado halves then sprinkle over chopped chives.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.