One of the quickest and easiest sweet to make.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups raw unsalted peanuts
- ½ tsp salt
- butter for greasing
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the sugar in a pan and add in half a cup of water.
- Cook over a high heat without stirring until the sugar dissolves and turns golden.
- Continue to boil for a further ten minutes or so stirring occasionally until you have a dark golden mixture.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the peanuts.
- Working quickly pour the mixture onto the greased baking tray and spread out.
- Allow to cool then break into pieces.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.