Is there a more beautiful way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day than with Shamrock Cookies? These are delicious bites that definitely look the part of this St Patrick's Day theme.
- 280 grams purpose flour
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 225 grams unsalted butter softened
- 1 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- 200 grams chocolate and green sprinkles
- You will require Shamrock cookie cutters for this recipe (see link in the equipments above)
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk then set to one side.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined so for around one minute more.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. The dough will be soft but if it is too sticky add another tablespoon of flour.
- Divide into two equal parts then roll out between parchment paper to around a quarter inch thickness.
- Cover with foil or clingfilm and chill for between one or two hours or even overnight.
- When ready to remove from the fridge, preheat the oven to 180ºc.
- Use your shamrock cookie cutters to cut out your cookies then place the cookies onto baking sheets and leave at least three inches between each cookie to allow for spreading.
- Bake for around 10/12 minutes before removing from the oven and allowing to cool for five minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool fully before decorating.
- Once fully cooled, melt your chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Dip each cookie half way into the chocolate then place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Top with green sprinkles.
- Allow to set then serve.
Did you know: The Shamrock has been the unofficial national flower of Ireland for many centuries.