Did you make this recipe?
The Best Ever White Chocolate Caramel Bars
These are rich and gooey and totally delicious. White chocolate filled with the most incredible caramel
- 350 gr white chocolate
- 200 gr white sugar
- 60 gr unsalted butter
- 120 ml heavy cream
- First start by melting the chocolate. Place two thirds of the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and microwave in thirty second intervals stirring between each heating.
- Once melted (do not let it exceed 113 degrees) remove and add in the remaining chocolate pieces and stir until they have melted and the temperature has reduced to around 87-89 degrees.
- Pour a little of the chocolate into the mold and using a brush, brush to coat all sides. Repeat with another layer of the chocolate then place in the fridge to set.
- In the meantime, make the caramel.
- In a wide bottomed pan, place the sugar and heat over a medium heat. Wait until you can see the sugar melting then stir using a spatula until the sugar liquid has turned a light golden colour.
- At this stage add in the butter carefully (it will bubble vigorously) and stir until it has melted and is fully mixed into the caramel.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the double cream continuing to stir – again it will bubble so take care when doing this.
- Pour into a jug and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled pour some caramel into the set chocolate mold to cover the base then place back into the fridge to chill further and for the caramel to set a little more.
- Finally, cover the caramel layer with more melted white chocolate and fill to the top of the mold.
- Smooth the top with a palette knife and place back in the fridge to set completely.
- To remove from the plastic mold tap strongly onto the worktop and the bars will drop out.