- 300 gr softened butter salted
- 200 gr black treacle
- 425 gr dark muscovado sugar
- 397 gr can of condensed milk
- Melt all the ingredients in a large pan stirring only occasionally. If you stir too much the result will be a grainy treacle toffee.
- Once the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth, turn up the heat to high and boil to 130oc stirring continuously so that the mixture does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the temperature has been reached, pour onto a lined baking tray and leave to cool for ten minutes before chilling in the fridge.
- Bash to break then store in an air tight bag.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.