Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I could not do a bread theme without doing a banana bread recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Grease and line a loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 325f
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add in the eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Mix the banana and milk into the butter mixture.
- Add in the flour and mix until combined before folding in the chocolate chips keeping just a couple of tablespoons for the top of the bread.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the reserved chocolate chips.
- Place into the oven to bake for around 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for around ten minutes then transfer to a cooling wire to cool completely.