This Creamy Spinach is not only fabulous alongside delicious main courses but it is wonderful enough to be the star of the show!
- 2 shallots diced
- 3 bags of spinach around 600-700gr
- 250 gr cream cheese
- 50 gr grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml single cream
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 180oc.
- Wash the spinach and cook in batches in a large pan until wilted. Set aside in a sieve over a bowl to allow any excess water to drain away.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan and add the shallots.
- Cook until softened – around 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese, single cream, salt and pepper and 75g grated parmesan.
- Add in the spinach then transfer into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and parmesan then lace in the oven for around 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.