Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt Cakes
My children love these mini bundt cakes – I always give them a pot of extra chocolate sauce on the side too, because you can never have too much chocolate!
- Preheat the oven to 350f and grease 8 mini bundt cake tins using cake release spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat the half cup of butter until light and fluffy then add in the brown sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding in the flour and sour cream both starting and ending with the flour.
- Mix until just combined then fold in one cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag then pipe into the bundt tins.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until the top of the cakes springs back when pressed and when a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, place the remaining chocolate chips with the three tablespoons of butter into a pan over a low heat and melt until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon over the mini cakes and serve.