Tofu Chow Main
Salty feta combined with crispy panko breadcrumbs makes these crispy fried feta an irresistible bite.
- Cut the feta cheese into inch size pieces.
- Set up the breading station by placing three bowls in a row. In the first bowl place the flour. In the second bowl, place the eggs whisked with a tablespoon of water. In the third bowl place the breadcrumbs and season them with cracked black pepper.
- First coat the cheese in the flour shaking off any excess, then into the egg allowing the excess to drip free then coat on all sides in the breadcrumbs.
- Have a chopping board close by to sit the coated cheese onto whilst you complete all of the them.
- Place a wide bottomed pan onto a medium high heat and coat the base with half an inch of vegetable oil.
- Working in batches so as not to lower the temperature of the oil, fry the cheese until crispy on all sides then set aside on kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Plate up and eat!