Tofu Chow Main
Super simple, super delicious and meat free.
- 2 packets firm tofu diced
- 2 bunches large spring onions
- 1 pepper cut into strips
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 500 gr cooked egg noodles
- Rapeseed oil
- In a large wok, heat a few tablespoons of rapeseed oil.
- Slice the green part off the spring onions then slice the white bulbs and add into the wok. Keep the green parts for garnish.
- Cook for a minute or two.
- Drain the tofu, pat dry then coat in the cornflour. Add to the pan with the spring onions and cook until crispy and golden on all sides.
- Add in the light soy sauce and stir to coat all the tofu.
- Add in the pepper followed by the chilli sauce.
- Cook for another few minutes then add in the dark soy sauce.
- Stir and cook for a few more minutes until thick and sticky before adding in the cooked egg noodles.
- Stir to coat all the noodles then serve in bowls with a few of the chopped green spring onions.