recipe from the theme Loved Leftovers
Creamy Chicken and Bacon Rigatoni
- 1 large white onion diced
- 300 ml single cream
- 350 gr cooked chicken cut into chunks
- 150 gr bacon chopped into pieces
- 400 gr rigatoni pasta
- 100 gr grated parmesan
- 85 ml dry white wine
- salt and pepper to season
- In a wide bottomed frying pan, saute the bacon until cooked through and a little crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened around 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rigatoni according to the packet instructions.
- Once the onion is cooked, add in the chicken and cook until heated and a little golden. Add in the wine and allow to cook down until almost fully absorbed.
- Pour in the cream and add the cooked bacon back in.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly then add in ¾ of the parmesan cheese. And stir well.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and toss to coat all the pasta.
- Serve in large bowls then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.