Sweet Potato Hummus
- 2 sweet potatoes peels and chopped into inch size pieces
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 5-6 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- olive oil for roasting and dressing
- sprig of coriander
- Preheat the oven to 220oc.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for around 30 minutes until soft and golden.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place the sweet potato into a food processor then add in the tahini, drained chickpeas, lemon juice and water and blitz until smooth.
- You may add more water if required until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Tip into a bowl. Garnish with a sprig of coriander and a drizzle of olive oil and some cracked black pepper.