Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Wonderful and rich in flavour, I love this risotto.
- 5½ cups vegetable stock
- 15 gr dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped white onions
- 300 gr white mushrooms chopped finely
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- ⅔ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup frozen peas thawed
- Cashew nut parmesan
- Heat the vegetable stock and bring it to a simmer. Add the porcini mushrooms, cover for around five minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove the mushrooms and chop them finely. Keep the stock warm over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute for around 8 to ten minutes until soft.
- Add the white and porcini mushrooms and saute until tender and the juices have evaporated which will take around ten minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper then add in the rice and cook stirring for around one minute.
- Add the wine and cook for a few minutes allowing the liquid to be absorbed whilst stirring.
- Add one cup of the stock and simmer over low heat until the liquid has been absorbed which will take a few minutes.
- Continue with this process of adding a cup of stock and allowing it to cook and evaporate until the rice is cooked through and all the stock has been added which will take between 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in the peas.
- Serve in wide bowls. Sprinkle with cashew nut parmesan and add a sprig of parsley.