Creamy Bacon and Corn Polenta
Polenta is to Italians what mashed potatoes are to the British.
- 1½ cup cream polenta
- 3½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 packet bacon
- 1 medium can of sweet corn drained
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 190oc for around ten minutes until crisp, or cut into pieces and fry until crisp. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Mix the milk, water some salt and pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer and gradually whisk in the polenta. Cook over a low heat until thick and creamy.
- Stir in the butter and the parmesan cheese.
- Tip in the can of drained sweet corn and finally stir in the bacon pieces.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with a few last pieces of bacon and a little more parmesan.