Frozen Berries with Hot Chocolate Sauce
This is so quick and simple yet so utterly delicious. It does need to be eaten immediately after serving though that never seems to be a problem in my house.
- 500 gr mixed frozen berries
- 170 ml double cream
- 100 gr white chocolate chopped
- 1 vanilla pod
- zest of half an orange
- Remove the berries from the freezer at the start of making the sauce.- You want them to remain frozen but lose the solidness from the freeze.
- Place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan and add the seeds from the vanilla pod.
- Stir over a low heat until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Place the frozen berries into bowls, pour over the decadent chocolate sauce then zest a little orange over the top.