- 250 gr carrots diced
- 250 gr onions diced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 125 gr mushrooms chopped
- 1 small punch of parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 400 gr tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 small tin of tomato puree
- 250 gr red lentils
- Olive oil
- Using a large wide bottomed pan, fry the onion and carrots in enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan for a few minutes before adding in the mushrooms and pepper as well as the parsley and dried herbs.
- When the vegetables are almost soft, add the lentils and 700ml water then bring to the boil and simmer until the lentils are soft. Stir regularly throughout this process.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree and the vegetable stock cube and simmer for a further ten minutes.
- Serve with the flatbreads and a large green salad.