Goats Cheese and Tomato Tarts
Quick and simple, it doesn't get much better than this!
- 320 gr one pre made puff pastry
- 2 large red onions sliced
- 1 large beef tomato sliced thickly
- 1 large goats cheese log around 150gr
- 75 gr grated parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 220oc.
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan and add in the sliced onions. Cook until softened – around 15/20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut into four equal squares. Place onto a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Score a border around the edge of each square being careful not to cut right through the pastry.
- Prick the centre of each a couple of times.
- Sprinkle a little parmesan into the centre of each square then divide the cooked onions between all four.
- Place a thick slice of goats cheese on top on the onions then top with a tomato slice.
- Season with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and a spray of olive oil.
- Top with another sprinkling of parmesan then place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden.