Macaroni and Cheese
The ultimate comfort food. Great as a main course or even served as a side dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200oc.Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet minus two minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile two tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.Add in the mustard powder and cook for one minute before adding in the flour.
- Cook for one more minute then start to add the milk gradually whilst whisking. Simmer for around 5 minutes until thickened and lump free – continue stirring during this time.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheddar and half of the parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the sauce then pour into either one large baking dish or four individual dishes.
- Mix the remaining parmesan with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top.Bake for around 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.