As if the smell of popcorn in the kitchen was good enough, add this delicious sweet sugary caramel for a heavenly combination.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 gr popcorn Kernels
- 250 gr caster sugar
- 50 gr salted butter
- Put the oil in a wide bottomed saucepan and heat over a medium heat.
- Pour the kernels into the pan and shake to coat.
- Put the lid on then when the kernels begin to pop lower the heat.Shake the pan occasionally.
- When the popping stops remove from the heat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the sugar in a pan with 60ml of water and turn on the heat. Bring to the boil stirring until the sugar has dissolved then leave over a medium heat without stirring for around 6-8 minutes. It will turn into a golden caramel.
- Add in the butter and stir until combined – beware it may spit when you add the butter.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir well.
- Pour onto the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then break apart and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.