You will never want regular mashed potato again once you have tasted this recipe.
- 1 kg potatoes washed and cut into large chunks
- 100 gr butter
- 1 small savoy cabbage finely shredded
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 gr sliced and chopped bacon (you can use leeks here if you wish to keep it vegetarian)
- Put the potatoes into a large pan of boiling water and simmer until soft – around 20 minutes.
- Heat a little of the butter in a pan and fry the bacon and half of the cabbage for around five minutes and until crisp.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes then mash until smooth.
- Heat the cream with the remaining butter and when almost at boiling point beat into the potatoes.
- Add the bacon and cabbage and mix through.Season with salt and pepper and serve.