Homemade Sesame Prawn Toasts
Crispy prawn toasts are my sons all time favorite and these do not disappoint.
- 1 lb with the tails removed and deveined
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 bunch scallions finely chopped
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Groundnut or vegetable oil for frying
- Place the prawns, egg whites, sugar, soy sauce and ginger into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in the scallions.
- Lay the bread onto a chopping board. Brush each slice with sesame oil then top with the prawn mixture.
- Gently brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle over sesame seeds to cover the top of the filling.
- Cover the base of a skillet with oil and heat to medium high.
- Place the bread, sesame seeds facing up into the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the bread is toasted and golden.
- Flip and cook for several minutes on the other side until the prawn misture is cooked through and the sesame seeds are toasted.
- Slice into triangles and serve with a few more sliced scallions and a side of soy sauce.