Salad Breakfast Bowl
This is a delicious filling breakfast bowl that will have everyone converted to salad eating to start their day the right way.
- 3 ripe avocados
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Splash of olive oil
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large bag mixed greens
- 2 cups cherry or plum tomatoes
- ½ cucumber sliced
- Pumpkin seeds if required
- First make a quick dressing by blitzing one avocado (skin and stone removed) in a blender with the yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, water and salt and pepper. If you want a more intense dressing you can add in onion powder, chilli flakes, garlic powder etc but i like mine light and fresh.
- Cook the bacon until crisp then add to kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Using the same skillet used to cook the bacon, cook the eggs until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Now make the salad bowls – fill each bowl with salad greens, on one quarter add the chopped tomatoes, on another quarter, place the sliced cucumber, in the third quarter add avocado slices or cubes, in the final quarter place an egg and two slices of the cooked bacon.
- Sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with the dressing and a little cracked black pepper.
- Now who would not enjoy this for breakfast!