Panettone Bread Pudding
Now Christmas just would not be Christmas without a delicious panettone. Even better eaten in the form of this Panettone bread pudding with a sweet custard.
- 300 grams panettone in slices
- 2 eggs
- 142 ml double cream
- 225 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp Nielsen Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ground nutmeg for grating
- Heat the oven to 160°c and grease a shallow baking dish with butter.
- Cut the panettone into triangle slices and butter each slice. Place the slices into the baking dish buttered side up.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla essence, sugar, cream and milk and grate in a little nutmeg.
- Pour over the panettone evenly and grate a little more nutmeg on top.
- Place the dish into a roasting tray and pour in around 2-3cm of boiling water.
- Place in the oven for around 30 minutes until set and golden. Serve with whipped cream or fresh custard and a dusting of icing sugar.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and tag @HomeCookingWithJulieNeville on Instagram and hashtag it #CookingLikeJulie.