Smokey Fish Dip
- 1 lemon
- 1 8oz pack of softened cream cheese
- 1 small shallot finely diced
- 3 oz smoked trout or mackerel
- 3 oz smoked roasted salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped finely
- Cracked black pepper
- Crudites and chips to serve
- Zest the lemon then add this and the juice of the lemon to a food processor with the cream cheese and smoked fish.
- Blend until smooth then stir in the shallot, parsley and dill and season with black pepper.
- Chill for a minimum of four hours before serving with a platter of raw vegetables, chips and pitta bread.