This is a delicious dish to share with friends and even my husband who claims he does not like chickpeas – is a fan of this dish.
- 800 gr tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 shallots diced
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 Handful fresh parsley chopped
- olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and saute the shallots until softened.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the vegetable stock and blitz until chopped but still a little chunky.You want texture not puree.
- Once the shallots are softened, add the chickpeas to the pan and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Stir well then add in the parmesan and parsley and stir again.
- Serve in a dish on a platter with sliced and toasted baguettes or sourdough.